Saturday 16 June 2012

recycling old stuff!!


I needed some clipboards for our WI but didnt want to spend a lot of money on them, went out shopping today to get some but couldnt see anything suitable, then in the 99p shop saw 5 of these clips for 99p (who would have guessed it in the 99p shop)
so decided to make my own

my auntie works in a factory and often brings me home old card that would normally be thrown away, but knows I like to mess around with card and papers

I cut 8 pieces of the card 11x9 ins and glued them together, then I covered back and front with papers I brought home from America last year (not sure of the make, they were in a pack of 50 for about $7) I then did a bit of paper piecing by cutting the lovely ladies off the forever young cartridge on my cricut, the clothes are from bits of scrap in my scrap box
then I lastly added a clip and actually am quite pleased with how they turned out!
would have liked to do a bit more embellishing but then I wouldnt be able to use them properly as would be a problem when writing on the paper

challenges
love to create - recycling
allsorts challenge - paper piecing


6 comments:

  1. Those look just right for the W1 Paula and you have got enough on them for sure with the papers and the image. Love em!

    Chrissie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super recycling Paula and great paper piecing projects.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Fabulous idea with your recycling Paula! Love the image on each of them and those clips are perfect for a one of a kind clip board!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Recycle challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and more satisfying than buying them too. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge. Wendy DTxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and much better than any you would have bought!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cool idea!!! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful followers