Tuesday 12 June 2012

heart to heart

I have been browsing the do crafts mag, and saw some beautiful hanging hearts (which I collect actually) so thought I would give it a go, picked out some double sided 12x12 card which I wasnt too upset about using (think it was out of one of those bargain packs) while I did a sample, think its from my minds eye (could be wrong sorry) anyway, stuck to the letter of the tutorial, however, the card was a bit thick as it tells you to fold each piece in half before curling, also wasnt as smooth as it could have been because of the fold (when I looked closely neither was it in mag)   

so then I tried again, with paper that was in a bulk buy, and halved the size of the strips, but still used double sided so it didnt matter, it was much better this time, easier to bend and looks better overall!  I think if not using double sided card/paper folding would be necessary but I think double sided, thinner strips are the way forward!!
I will be making some more soon!

thanks for looking xx

challenges
craft your passion - anything goes

8 comments:

  1. Wow these are gorgeous Barbara! I love the design and colours! They both look fab and I can see the improvements you made with the second one. They are so pretty and make wonderful hanging decorations!!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous! Would look spectacular turned into a mobile too! Thanks for playing with us at MAWTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous Paula and great idea.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are Gorgeous Paula, love the papers on both of them of course the second one wins with me everytime...lol guess what colour i love :) I Have found moulding these sort of shapes gently over a bottle or rolling pin sometimes helps to stop the buckling.Sometimes just trying to curve them tends to buckle the card/paper. Hope that helps xx
    Thanks for joining MAWTT this week Paula.
    Hugs Mau xx
    excuse my buddy calling you Barbara...its an age thing.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful little project. It looks so Pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great those hearts.
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paula... Big apologies for getting your name wrong!!!!
    I was very tired when I did my commenting last night ... :-(
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and hope you will join us again soon!
    Big Hugs
    Barbara...Oops !! I mean..
    Sue xx LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is nice project :-) ! thank for playing with craftyourpassion !!!! hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful followers