Monday 17 January 2011

cookie bag (alas an empty one!)

The challenge this week at Daisy Doodles is
ANYTHING GOES!!!
so gives me the chance to get messy (not my thing normally!) and have a good old play!

below is how I made my DT sample

first of all stamp and cut out 5 flowers
I have used these digi flowers from the flower pack at Daisy Doodles
which has 14 images for just $5
stamped onto red card

 next I used distress inks to 'distress' the flowers although as I used worn lipstick distress ink its not so clear on the photograph
then I spritzed my flowers first with pink taffy glimmer mist and made up a spritz containing water, barn door distress ink and some cosmic shimmer powder then squirted lots of this onto the flowers.  At this stage they are really wet so need to handle with care

whilst waiting for them to dry slightly I embossed the top of a gold coloured brad, although didnt do a tutorial for that as I forgot (will do that another day)

whilst the flowers are still damp layer them up and hold together with a brad and then you can scrunch up the petals to how you want them.
I then squirted again with the sprays.

leave to dry (or if you are as impatient as me you could use a heat gun to help it along)

I used on my gift bag which one day I will either bake cookies or put sweeties into

The bag I made after seeing a demo by Nicki at the Crafty Bunch and also its in issue 25 of docrafts creativity magazine (page 39)

maybe one day I will get around to taking photographs along the way of my making other things!!

thanks for looking
and dont forget to join in with the challenge at Daisy Doodles - and USE ONE OF THE IMAGES FROM THE STORE (THERE ARE FREEBIES TOO)

XX

1 comment:

My wonderful followers