Tuesday 13 November 2012

Gift Bow

recently within our WI we asked people to donate old books that we could give to guide dogs for the blind (not so the dogs could read them, so they could sell them)

someone donated an old family law book that was tattered and out of date by about 500 million years, so thought I might use it to recycle

now instead of crafting, I have become addicted lately to pinterest, and dreaming of all the fabulous ideas I could make!

I saw inspiration here and thought I would give it a go
however, I had to change the dimentions slightly to fit on the page, when they have advised to use 11 inches, I changed to 10, therefore had to make all pieces 1 inch shorter, in future though I will keep the middle piece at 3 1/2 inches as mine is too small

as I am also a lazy crafter, I have been playing with SCAL and made a cut file of all the pieces, so I dont have to stand over the guillotine cutting out the pieces

I most definately will be making more!

I have used some more pages making things - I will eventually get around to posting photos

thanks for dropping in
Paula xx

2 comments:

  1. Nice way to use up book pages Paula or we could use old magazines. Not craft ones of course lol. Would be nice to lightly spray them gold or silver or even spray glue and a bit of sparkle. Oh I am getting carried away now lol.

    Thanks for the kind comments on my blog.

    Hope you are all well

    Love as always Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of an old book Paula, love what you have done with it :)

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful followers